Binary Search Tree
Binary Search Tree is a tree in which nodes are arranged such that all the nodes in a left sub tree having values less then root node and all the nodes in a right sub tree having values greater then root node.
Thus we can say that Binary Search Tree is an ordered binary tree.
Following Figure represents Binary Search Tree:
Binary Search Tree having two characteristics:
(1) All the nodes in a left sub tree having values less then root node.
(2) All the nodes in a right sub tree having values greater then root node.
Because of the above mentioned characteristics Binary Search tree allows faster insertion, deletion and searching facility.
Operations that can be performed on Binary Search Tree:
(1) Insertion of a node in binary search tree
(2) Deletion of a node from binary search tree
(3) Searching of a node in binary search tree
(4) Tree Traversal